Sunday, September 02, 2007
Click here for resources on how and where to send aid in response to the August 15 earthquake.
- 'The Epic Struggle of Indigenous Andean-Amazonian Culture' (opinion, Green Left, Hugo Blanco) based on his presentation to the Latin American Studies Association Conference in Montreal, September 5-8; in Spanish: El Terremoto y los Buitres
- 'Gateway to the Amazon: Iquitos' (Miami Herald, Tyler Bridges)
- 'Debate on Latin America Shallow' (Miami Herald, Pablo Bachelet) re: USA Presidential Campaign
- 'Multinational Navies Pack a Punch at FA PANAMAX 2007' (USA Navy News Stand, Barrie Barber; Miami Herald) "The Peruvian Navy has dispatched the fast frigate BAP Bolognesi (FM 57) and the missile corvette BAP Sanchez Carrion (CM 26); and have engaged in Sailor cross-deck exchanges with foreign counterparts."
- 'Prodigious Penguins Probably Populated Prehistoric Peru' (Associated Press, Randolph E. Schimd) this is a repeat article from June, referring to this article in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- 'Couple Hosts Peruvian Lunch to Raise Quake Relief Funds' (Killeen Daily Herald, Rose Posival, Texas) re: Larry and Gloria Torres "Selling plates of meat and rice for $5."
- 'Locals Lend a Hand to Help Peruvian Quake Victims' (Herald News, Alexander
- 'Local Parish Helps Rebuild Church in Peru' (Midland Daily News, Noel Lyn Smith, Michigan) re: Father José M. Cabrera
- 'Chazy Trio Experienced Peruvian Earthquake' (Press Republican, Suzanne Moore, New York) re: group in Cuzco "Amy, with white-blonde hair and pale complexion, stood out amid the 70 or so villagers with their jet-black hair and dark skin."
- 'Earthquake in Peru Shakes up Mission Trip' (The State, Sharron Haley, South Carolina)
- 'Where Was God During Deadly Earthquake in Peru' (opinion, Our Sunday Visitor, Alejandro Bermudez) "He was right alongside the suffering and the grieving."
- 'Peru Inflation Slows in August as Bus Fares, Fuel Prices Drop' (Bloomberg, Alex Emery)
- 'Peru Welcomes Venezuela's Attempt to Return to Andean Community' (Xinhua News Agency)
- 'Cultural Celebrations and a Conductor's Swan Song' (New York Times, Kathryn Shattuck) re: Peru Negro “Who knew that there are 8,000 Peruvians living in Westchester?"
- 'Retiring? No, Starting Over' (Los Angeles, Chuck Green) "We thought about places in Peru."